乡下老鼠和城市老鼠

来源 :时代英语·初中 | 被引量 : 0次 | 上传用户:mybestlove_nx
下载到本地 , 更方便阅读
声明 : 本文档内容版权归属内容提供方 , 如果您对本文有版权争议 , 可与客服联系进行内容授权或下架
论文部分内容阅读
  The City Mouse comes to visit his old friend, the Country Mouse, who lives in the country. They have’t met for a long time, so they are very happy to see each other.
  城市老鼠来拜访他的老朋友,住在乡下的乡下老鼠。他们很久没见面了,所以他们都很高兴见到对方。
  The City Mouse gets off the city bus.
  城市老鼠下了都市公共汽车。
  Welcome, my old friend! I am so happy to see you.
  欢迎,我的老朋友!见到你我真高兴。
  Hello there, my old friend! I missed you very much.
  你好,我的老朋友!我很想你。
  You must be very hungry. Let’s go to my house. I prepared two special dishes for you.
  你一定很餓了。到我家去吧。我为你准备了两样特别的菜。
  The City Mouse and the Country Mouse arrive at the Country Mouse’s tiny, old house. The City Mouse looks surprised.
  城市老鼠和乡下老鼠到了乡下老鼠那又小又旧的家。城市老鼠很惊讶。
  My goodness! How can you live here? The house is so small and old.
  我的天!这里你怎么住得下?这房子又小又旧。
  Perhaps. But it’s quiet and cozy. And I am happy here.
  或许吧。但它非常安静和舒适,而且我在这里很快乐。
  Hmm. Really?! I can’t understand you.
  嗯,真的吗?我不理解你。
  Here is some lunch. Please eat.
  这里有一些午餐。请用。
  You must be kidding! Dry bread and corn? How can you eat such things?
  你一定是在开玩笑吧!干面包和玉米?你怎么能吃这样的东西?
  Why?They are the best foods in the country. They taste very good.
  为什么?这是乡下最好的食物了。它们很好吃的。
  No, thank you. I don’t like dry bread and corn. I like cakes, and cookies. Don’t you have any?
  不了,谢谢你。我不喜欢干面包和玉米。我喜欢蛋糕和饼干,你没有吗?
  What are they? I have never tasted them. Are they delicious?
  那是什么东西?我没有尝过。好吃吗?
  Of course. They are so soft, so sweet and so delicious. I eat them every day in the city.
  当然,它们是如此的柔软、香甜和美味。我在城里每天都吃。
  Wow?! You are a lucky mouse! I would like to taste them someday, too.
  哇?!你是只幸运的老鼠!我也想有一天能尝一尝。
  Please visit me anytime. I’ll show you the city. And you can eat delicious food every day. I have a great idea!
  你随时都可以来拜访我。我会带你去看看城市,而且你每天都可以吃到好吃的食物。我有个好主意。
  What is it?
  什么?
  Visit me today!
  今天就来拜访我!
  The City Mouse and the Country Mouse get on a bus to the city.
  城市老鼠和乡下老鼠搭上了往城市去的公共汽车。
  We get off here.
  我们在这里下车。
  Wow! Look at the tall building and bright lights. The city is so beautiful.
  哇!看看那高楼和明灯,城市是如此的漂亮。
  What is that?
  那是什么?
  It’s a trunk. Be careful!
  那是卡车,小心!
  Oh, I didn’t know.
  哦,我不知道。
  The City Mouse and the Country Mouse finally arrive at the City Mouse’s red brick house.   城市老鼠和乡下老鼠终于到了城市老鼠的红砖屋。
  That is my house. Let’s go inside.
  那是我家。我们进去吧。
  Wow! Your house is so big and beautiful. You are a lucky mouse.
  哇!你的家真大真漂亮,你是只幸运的老鼠。
  Let’s go into the kitchen. I’m so hungry.
  我们到厨房去吧,我很饿。
  Look! Cheese!
  看!奶酪!
  Stop! Don’t touch it!
  别动!不要动它!
  Why not?! I love cheese.
  为什么?我喜欢奶酪。
  That is a mousetrap. If you eat the cheese, you will get trapped. Be careful.
  那是个捕鼠器。如果你吃那个奶酪,你就会被抓住的。小心。
  Oh, I didn’t know.
  哦,我不知道。
  The City Mouse and the Country Mouse climb up to the kitchen table.
  城市老鼠和乡下老鼠爬上厨房的桌子。
  You eat like this every day? There is so much food.
  你每天都这样吃吗?这里有这么多的食物。
  Here, try this chocolate cake.
  来这里,尝尝这块巧克力蛋糕。
  Mmm. It’s so soft, so sweet, and so delicious.
  嗯。它很软、很甜又很好吃。
  Try this butter cookie, too.
  再尝尝这块黄油饼干。
  Yummy! Yummy! I want some more.
  好吃!好吃!我还要吃一点。
  Shh … Be quiet. I hear something.
  嘘……安静,我听到什么了。
  What?
  什么?
  Oh no! It’s Old Yellow.
  哦,不!那是老黄。
  Who’s Old Yellow?
  谁是老黄?
  It’s the master’s dog. Hide behind the cake!
  它是主人的狗。躲在蛋糕后面!
  Why?
  为什么?
  Don’t ask questions! Just hide!
  别问了!只管躲着就是了!
  Old Yellow comes in the kitchen. It starts sniffing around the kitchen table.
  老黄来到了厨房。它开始在厨房的桌子边闻味道。
  (in a whisper) Stay still!!! Don’t breathe! Don’t make a sound!
  (轻声细语)不要动!!!不要呼吸!不要发出任何声音!
  I smell mice. Come out, come out.
  我闻到老鼠的味道。出来,出来。
  Old Yellow starts barking and running around the table.
  老黄开始绕着桌子边狂叫和奔跑。
  I’m so afraid.
  我好害怕。
  Me, too. But get ready to run!
  我也是。但是准备好逃跑!
  (Voice come from the living room) Come here, old Yellow! You need a bath.
  (来自客厅的声音)来这儿,老黄!你要洗澡了。
  Old Yellow leaves the kitchen growling.
  老黄咆哮着离开了厨房。
  Thank goodness! Old Yellow is gone. We are safe now.
  謝天谢地!老黄走了。我们现在安全了。
  My goodness! How can you live here?
  我的天!你怎么能住在这里?
  It’s not too bad. You just have to be careful. Let’s have some more cookies.
  又不是很糟。你只要小心点就行了。让我们多吃点饼干吧。
  The City Mouse and the Country Mouse start eating again.This time, Flufly, a cat, appears.
  城市老鼠和乡下老鼠又开始吃了。这一次,一只叫毛毛的猫,出现了。
  Meow! Meow! Meow! I smell mice.
  喵!喵!喵!我闻到老鼠的味道了。
  Flufly sees the two mice and jumps up on the table.   毛毛看到那两只老鼠并跳到桌子上。
  Oh, there you are!
  喔,你们在这里呀!
  Quick!! Jump!!! Run! Run! Run! Run for your life!
  快!!跳!!!跑!跑!跑呀!快逃命呀!
  Help me! Help me! I didn’t know where to run!
  救救我!救救我!我不知道要跑到哪里去!
  Here! This way! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Inside my hole! Quickly!
  这里!这个方向!快!快!快!到我的洞里来!快!
  The City Mouse and the Country Mouse run into the mouse hole. Both of them are out of breath, but they are safe.
  城市老鼠和乡下老鼠跑到老鼠洞里。他们两只都上气不接下气,可是他们安全了。
  Are you okay? (out of breath)
  你还好吗?(喘不过气)
  Yes, but I am very scared.
  还好,但是我非常害怕。
  Don’t worry. Fluffy can’t get in here.
  别担心。毛毛没办法进来。
  How can you live here? It’s so dangerous.
  你怎么能住在这里?这里太危险了。
  It’s not too bad. You just have to be a fast runner.
  又不是很糟。你只要跑得快一点就行了。
  I’m going back home.
  我要回家了。
  Why? Please stay a little longer!
  为什么?请再多待一会儿!
  No, thanks. The city is too dangerous.
  不了,谢谢。城市太危险了。
  But there is still a lot of food left.
  可是还剩下很多事物。
  You can eat it all. I’m going back to the country, and eat my dry bread and corn.
  你可以把它们都吃了。我要回到乡下去了,吃我的干面包和玉米。
  But they taste terrible.
  但是那很难吃呀。
  Perhaps. But there are not trucks, dogs, or cats in the country.
  或许吧。但是乡下没有卡车、狗或猫。
  You are a lucky mouse.
  你是只幸运的老鼠。
  MORAL: Mental comfort is more important than physical comfort.
  寓意:精神安逸比物质充裕更重要。
  Vocabulary
  cozy adj. 舒适的,安逸的
  kid v. 开玩笑
  mousetrap n. 捕鼠器
  sniff v. 聞;嗅
  growl v. 咆哮
其他文献
智能计算机辅助教学(Intelligent Computer Assisted Instruction System,CAI),是应用人工智能技术研究认知过程,并能进行"因材施教"的教学系统.它克服了传统CAI因为行为主义
当新冠肺炎疫情在全球蔓延,我们还没有完全从疫情的阴影中走出来的时候,唐一惟的非虚构作品《2020滞留美国实录》,裹挟着亚拉巴马州湿热的海风,及时、真实地呈现了华人访问学
期刊
虚拟实验是高职院校实验教学的一项重大改革.实践表明,虚拟实验教学具有方便学生学习、利于培养学生的操作能力、有效提高实验课教学质量等优点.但在普及程度、管理方式以及
在中学阶段,英语课对于学生来说是非常重要的,不仅能够使学生学习到英语知识,更能使其学习能力得到提高,因此,中学英语教师的责任重大。根据目前的情况,很多学校对于英语教学
本刊讯由慕尼黑国际博览集团组织的,京慕国际展览有限公司承办的,2010国际工程机械、建材机械、工程车辆及设备博览会和2010中国国际工程机械、建材机械、工 This newslette
要把盆景作品的最佳效果表现出来,观赏面、观赏角度的选定十分重要。现就网友“梅林松风”自挖的一清香桩的设计谈下个人的体会。清香木(学名:Pistacia weinmannifolia)为漆
新冠病毒是2020年全球人的灾难,无论你生活在哪里,那段病毒迅速蔓延,让人惊悚的日子已是人类难以删除的刻骨的记忆.全球重灾区美国的感染速度更是快得惊人,公民们崇尚自由不
期刊
2020年8月2日,《作品》杂志评刊团就作家盛可以的短篇小说《你什么时候原谅你的父亲》(见《作品》2020年第6期),运用腾讯会议平台举行了一次线上评刊研讨活动,有幸受《作品》
期刊
T/R组件的研制是有源相控阵雷达研制的关键技术之一,本文提出了一种新型的T/R组件结构形式,进行了热设计分析、计算,论证了其批量生产的可行性。 The development of T / R modul
利用频域极大似然法由地面台架试验数据(Bode图)辨识某飞机纵向等效飞行品质参数,对飞机纵向飞行品质进行了等级划分,并与传统的Bode图优化拟配法进行了比较,结果表明该法在等效飞行品质辨