登革热敲响警钟

来源 :疯狂英语·口语版 | 被引量 : 0次 | 上传用户:wangshuo3246
下载到本地 , 更方便阅读
声明 : 本文档内容版权归属内容提供方 , 如果您对本文有版权争议 , 可与客服联系进行内容授权或下架
论文部分内容阅读
  登革热是登革病毒经蚊媒传播引起的急性虫媒传染病,临床表现为高热、头痛、剧烈肌肉疼痛、骨关节痛、皮疹、出血倾向、淋巴结肿大、白细胞计数减少、血小板减少等。自去年下半年起,广东爆发了近二十年来最严重的登革热疫情,一时间人们“谈蚊色变”,并积极地响应灭蚊行动的号召,最终使疫情得到了有效的控制。
  其实,登革热初期的症状与感冒类似,患者很容易疏忽病情而耽误治疗。下面就让我们一起来了解登革热的有关知识吧。
  我听说广东爆发了二十年来最严重的登革热疫情。
  I heard that Guangdong is suffering the worst 2)dengue 3)outbreak in two decades.
  它不是也被称为“断骨热”吗?
  Isn’t it also called breakbone fever?
  它是世界上最常见的传染疾病之一。
  It’s one of the most common 4)vector-borne diseases in the world.
  你必须清除不干净的水。
  You have to get rid of 5)stagnant water.
  你应该去检查一下——登革热是可能致命的疾病。
  You should get checked out—dengue is potentially 6)fatal.
  感染病例的增加与城市化、人口增长、国际旅游以及全球变暖有关。
  The increase in cases is related to 7)urbanization, population growth,international travel, and global warming.
  它主要影响处于热带及亚热带地区的国家。
  It mostly affects countries in the 8)tropics and 9)sub-tropics.
  它是一种通过蚊子传播的疾病,不是吗?
  It is a 10)mosquito-borne disease, isn’t it?
  高温加上多雨天气滋生更多的蚊子。
  High temperatures plus wet weather equals more mosquitoes.
  我们需要保持一个干净的环境。
  We need to keep a clean environment.
  如果你发烧了,那么你应该去医院。
  If you’ve got a fever, then you should head to the hospital.
  我全身都痛。
  My whole body just aches.
  你能给我带些驱蚊剂吗?
  Can you pick me up some mosquito 11)repellant?
  你应该找人看看那皮疹。
  You should have someone look at that 13)rash.
  人与人之间感染非常罕见。
  Person to person transmission is extremely rare.
  感染初期你可能甚至不会知道,所以要保持警惕。
  You might not even know you have it at first, so be12)vigilant.
  我隐隐觉得有些头疼。
  I feel like there’s a headache behind my eyes.
  如果感染了登革热,保持身体内的水分很重要。
  It’s important to stay 14)hydrated if you’ve got it.
  幸运的是,大多数人没有长期问题的话便会康复。
  Luckily, most people recover without long-term problems.

其他文献
埃博拉是一种十分罕见的病毒,1976年在苏丹南部和刚果(金)的埃博拉河地区被发现,之后引起医学界的广泛关注和重视,“埃博拉”由此而得名。埃博拉病毒是一种能引起人类和灵长类动物产生埃博拉出血热的烈性传染病病毒,有很高的死亡率,致死原因主要为中风、心肌梗死、低血容量休克或多发性器官衰竭。  自去年起,埃博拉疫情在西非地区大规模暴发,感染和死亡人数创历史新高,这再次引起了各国的高度重视。埃博拉究竟是什么
期刊
广场舞(Square dance)是中国城市群众文化的一大特色,遍及大江南北,每当夜幕降临或者天刚蒙蒙亮的时候,热衷者们便活跃在辖区内各个能集聚人群的场地上,开启伴歌而舞的休闲生活。跳广场舞的人起初多为上了年纪的大妈大爷,现在也有很多年轻人加入其中。  跑酷(Parkour)是一项街头疾走极限运动,有点free-running的意思,再配合猿猴一样的灵活攀越。跑酷是结合攀爬、跳跃、急跑、翻滚等多种
期刊
When your legs don’t work like they used to  before  And I can’t sweep you off of your feet  Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love  Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks  And darli
期刊
转眼间春天又踏着温暖的阳光而来,一时间春风吹绿梢,身旁莺歌燕舞、百鸟争鸣。画眉“呖呖”、斑鸠“咕咕”、燕子呢喃、云雀高唱入云……宛如一支鸟类交响乐。“蜂蜜”们对鸟儿的歌声早已熟悉,那么大家有兴趣听听鸟儿喝醉后的歌声吗?Let’s go~  Arun Rath (Host): A new study looked at how alcohol affects communication—bird c
期刊
We should all switch from bread to 1)breadfruit. Stop eating anything made with wheat; bread plus the cake. Recent research shows very clearly that wheat is a very unhealthy food, and not only for tho
期刊
2006年12月15日上午九点,由广州市科协技术协会主办、广州翻译协会和广州外事翻译学会承办、暨南大学协办的科技沙龙“国际翻译与广州社会发展”在暨南大学学术报告厅隆重举行。此次讲座由广州翻译协会会长黄建华教授主持。  外交部翻译室副主任张建敏首先作了《对外交往与翻译》的演讲,作为经常为国家领导人担任翻译的资深口译员,他从中国对外交往的发展、外交工作的重要性、翻译质量的关键性、译员如何提高翻译水平等
期刊
Abe: Hey there pretty lady, you and your 1)gal pals heading over to the square to do a bit of dancing?  Esther: You know us too well!  Abe: You mind if I 2)tag along? ①I could use a little eye candy t
期刊
摘要:本文提出含有贬义的词语可以用作商标,并从一词多义、语境、联想三个角度对此作出解释。   关键词:贬义词 ;商标 ;一词多义 ;语境 ;联想  [中图分类号]H315.9  [文献标识码]A  [文章编号]1006-2831(2007)03-0058-3    Abstract: This paper first argues that derogatory terms can be used
期刊
If you pay attention to the recent world news, you might have heard about gun violence in the U.S.. The continuing shootings in Missouri, in New York City and elsewhere in the country have sparked pub
期刊
Sharon: Hi, Tim. Can I ask you a bit of a personal question?  Tim: Sure. Fire away.  Sharon: How much do you make?  Tim: Oh, I didn’t know that’s where you were going with this.  Sharon: ①Yeah, I know
期刊